Wednesday, July 10, 2013

You Want To Put THAT in WHERE???

I will admit I was having an emotional morning today when I went to check my mailbox and I came across two young moms meeting at the end of my street to go for a walk.  They were about my age both pushing strollers and I couldn't help but feel that jab of jealousy as I watched these women smiling and chatting away pushing their babies along with them.  I continued along with my business and for the rest of the morning feeling like I was on the edge of an emotional cliff, eyes welling up over simple tv commercials, consumed with the feeling that my eyeballs may explode with projectile tears at any second, until I heard from a lady named Brenda.

Now, I don't know Brenda and had never met or heard from this woman until this very morning.  And the reason that I came in contact with her is because I had posted an ad online selling a dresser and she had contacted me to see about purchasing the dresser.  This dresser...


Which when she called her first question to me was, "do you think it will fit into the back of a regular sized car?"  Being that I had put the measurements of the dresser in the ad itself I told her that she should measure the back seat and compare it to the measurements I had provided to see if it would fit, but I wasn't so sure that it would work.  Communication ceased while she went to check, to which she came back absolutely sure that it would work and she would be by my house early this afternoon to check out and pick up the dresser.

Now you might not be able to tell from the picture but the dresser is approximately 4 feet tall, 1 1/2 feet deep and 2 1/2 feet long.

Around 1:30pm Brenda arrives, in this...


Not this exact car but a Dodge Neon no less.  Immediately my thought were, "are you kidding me?"  Brenda the almighty optimist checks over the dressers, haggles a new price ($10 less) and boldly goes forth to fit this dresser into the back of her car with my assistance.  After about 10 minutes of picking up, moving, positioning, re-positioning, adjusting, moving again and re-positioning one last time, she comes to the conclusion that the dresser just won't fit, (duh!).

She then asks me if I know anyone with a truck who would move the dresser for her for a small fee.  Now I want you to use your imagination and picture that as she asks me this I am leaning against my husbands truck!  I know hard to believe but very true.  Brenda tells me she doesn't live far so I offer follow her home if she will pay the original asking price of the dresser, which she actually hums and haws about then finally agrees. Really??  You are willing to pay someone else to come and get this for you but you have to think about having me drive it for you??  Ok then.

Needless to say we worked it all out and payment was given and I followed her back to her house with the dresser in tow.  But I will not forget the woman who showed up to my house with a Neon thinking she was going to fit a big wooden dresser into the back seat.  Way to go lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment