I have to admit that I am a big people watcher. I love sitting back and observing others around me when they are completely unaware of anyone paying attention to them. I find that this is the most natural and pure form of watching people. They don't put on a show or try to be who they are not, but instead exist in their own world during that frame of time. It is also the time when people do some hilarious and ridiculous things.
Today I had the lovely opportunity not to be a people watcher but to be a people listener. Listening to a very animated one-sided cellphone converstation between and constant caller who I believed was the girl friend and a not so friendly reciever, the boyfriend. In the span of a mere few minutes I listened to him answer his phone and hang up on the girl four times and him have some very choice words for the female on the other end of the line. "...what because I'm with my sister?...(click)" "stop calling me over and over I'm trying to get some G** Damn things done here...(click)".
Not once did this man think to lower his voice or carry out his numerous short converstations in a private place, instead he walked through a public building speaking louder and louder as each new call came in.
It makes you wonder if he is so willing to say the things he does in public and share everything for every stranger within yelling distance to hear, what is he like in close quarters and with his actual friends???
The things that make you go hmmmmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment