Since when did the items limit at grocery store express checkouts become a mere suggestion? Was there an email that went out that I didn't receive or a notice in the mail I threw out before reading? Or do people not know how to count anymore?
As I ran into the store today to pick up a couple bags of ice I couldn't help but notice that the lady in front of me seemed to have a fair bit of groceries being emptied onto the conveyor belt. So I started to count them in my head. As I reached a total I looked up at the checkout sign and read 12 items or less. Then I looked back down at her items, all 25 of them. 25! Not 13 or 14 but 25. How is that even close to 12? I can see maybe an item or two over the limit but 25 is a little excessive.
I then looked behind me at the large line that was now forming and I noticed the gentleman behind me also had quite a few items in his basket so I counted again. And guess what? 19 items! Seriously???
It is at times like these that I wish I had the nerve to count out loud as the cashier scans each item through her register. Lysol Disinfectant "ONE", French Vanilla Coffee Creamer "TWO", Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup "THREE"...Gala Apples "TWENTY FRICKEN FIVE!!!!!"
Come on people lets have a little more respect for those of us in line who do have the proper number of items and just walk yourself a couple checkouts down and use the proper register. You chose to pick up all those items so face that fact that you are going to have to wait a few minutes more to pay for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment