As I talk to other parents and new moms about what I can expect in the upcoming months I have been slapped in the face with the reality that I have been completely oblivious to what those first few weeks and months are going to be like.
I'm aware that there will be a lack of sleep all around, lots of feedings and about a million poopy diapers but from there I know NOTHING! And I'm not afraid to admit it. As other parents try to give me hints, tips and tricks and I am trying to remember each of these things, I'm pretty sure that when the time comes I will have totally forgotten and we will be flying blind by the seats of our pants.
So bring it on! I am ready to explore this great, vast unknown world we are about to enter and take it on head first. I've got the support of a great husband, terrific family and friends, not to mention answers at my fingertips with the internet (although some of the stuff I find there is questionable) and the knowledge that women have been doing this for centuries and figuring it out on thier own...I think I will be ok.
So as the next few weeks fly by, which I'm sure they will. As springs blossoms and June comes into sight I will savour my quiet moments now and the time that is just Jamie and I because I know chaos is about to erupt. A good chaos that will forever change us and one that I have been waiting for for a while.
So here is to the great unknown and all the lifetime of adventures it will bring!



No comments:
Post a Comment