A little textual therapy for me, for you or just to get the ever running thoughts out of my head.
Saturday, June 29, 2013
Calm and Clarity
As I was out walking tonight taking in the perfect evening of warm weather, no bugs and a nice soft breeze, I was struck by the feeling of calm and rightness. Around the neighbourhood of my new house there are a ton of walking and biking trails that weave through parks, school grounds and man-made lakes. As I was out walking along one of those paths I came across a little girl running down the path in front of her mom pushing a stroller and her sister walking alongside mom. As the little girl ran she had a smile that spanned her entire glowing face and she looked so happy and free in that space in time. When she reached her destination, a park bench near the end of the path, her sister decided to join her in the same fashion and too came barreling down the path with full abandon.
It was in that moment at that time with the day at its most perfect, the sky beautifully speckled with fluffy and wispy clouds and The Imagine Dragons "It's Time" playing in my ears that I felt in that spot, at that exact time, that all was right and how it should be in the world. I couldn't help but smile as I realized that everything will be alright, maybe not all at once but little by little. As one of my favourite quotes says "It will all be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."
Imagine Dragons - It's Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment