Sunday, November 17, 2013

In the Spirit

Well ladies and gentlemen, it has happened. I have been bitten, the venom has spread and it doesn't look as though there is a cure.  

Christmas has arrived at the Young household and the spirit is cursing through my veins!  


Over the past week every time I look online or go out to the store, inspiration hits me and I can't help but want to start my holiday preparations.  I am not usually one to start so early, usually my aim is the last weekend of November or the first weekend of December but this year I am aching to start.  So I have.


Little by little.  Bit by bit.  Christmas is coming out at the Young's.  I have baked and created some treats - rice crispy squares, chocolate peanut butter cherries and pretzel kisses.  I made a new wreath for my front door and started to add Christmas touches to the mantle above my fire place.  I've started to make hot chocolate reindeer for my students as a gift to them so each of them get something special this year as well.  Not to mention I have even started my shopping and my pile of goodies for others is quickly growing.


Although Christmas Eve is still 37 days away I'm going all in!  Christmas is my favourite holiday and the season is so short so I am going to enjoy it now and for the next 37 plus days.  I hope the spirit has found you and if not yet then soon.  And I hope the grinch's who try to ruin it for you get bit by your infectious spirit and join you in the celebration!


Happy Holiday Season Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment